Paul had a couple of days off so we decided this would be the perfect time to taking Dean on his first camping trip. We loaded everything in the car and headed about an hour North of Vegas to a fun little camping ground in Mt. Charleston.
While driving I noticed that Dean wasn't acting like his usual happy, talkative self. I thought maybe this was because we woke him up early from his nap. I thought he might feel better once he was out of the car and enjoying the fact he could get dirty. :) But we were a little surprised about how he didn't want to play or explore his new surroundings. It took a little encouragement to do the following things:
First thing we needed to do was collect firewood. The forest service had just cut down a few dead trees so we headed over to gather some wood. I knew Dean would enjoy every minute hanging out with his dad.
Yes, Paul is excited for his little boy to grow up. He is already showing him how to cut wood. I think this will be the first of many camping trips these two will go on.
After getting our camp set up, we started on dinner. Paul did an awesome job on tin foil dinners. We spent the rest of the night, cuddled around the fire. Dean still wasn't acting like him self so he went to bed around 6:30. It was fun just roasting marshmallows and chatting with my hubby.
Dean then woke about around 9:30 with a high fever. We were glad to have brought some Tylenol for Dean, the laptop and a few movies. We snuggled into our tent and watched a few movies until our little camper fell back to sleep. The rest of the night was interesting. Let's just say a sick toddler and pregnant mom don't mix while sleeping in a tent with less than 1/2 inch mat to sleep on. Other than those complaints, we had a great time camping.
Yes, Paul is excited for his little boy to grow up. He is already showing him how to cut wood. I think this will be the first of many camping trips these two will go on.
After getting our camp set up, we started on dinner. Paul did an awesome job on tin foil dinners. We spent the rest of the night, cuddled around the fire. Dean still wasn't acting like him self so he went to bed around 6:30. It was fun just roasting marshmallows and chatting with my hubby.
Dean then woke about around 9:30 with a high fever. We were glad to have brought some Tylenol for Dean, the laptop and a few movies. We snuggled into our tent and watched a few movies until our little camper fell back to sleep. The rest of the night was interesting. Let's just say a sick toddler and pregnant mom don't mix while sleeping in a tent with less than 1/2 inch mat to sleep on. Other than those complaints, we had a great time camping.Dean end up waking up around 5:00, so Paul put another movie on to help us get a few more minutes of sleep. By 6:00 our little camper was ready to get going for the day. He felt much better and wanted to explore the camp site.
Breaking camp! Dean was a big helper in getting the tent taken down.
We had a blast camping and can't wait to take Dean again. When we got home and gave Dean a bath, this is what we found all over his body.
Poor baby really wasn't feeling well but still was such a good boy while camping. We called this a successful camping trip and our excited to do it again soon.
While having breakfast,Dean noticed we had some visitors. We had a chubby little chipmunk eat breakfast with us. (The muffin pictured below was quickly thrown to the ground for the chipmunk to eat.)
Breaking camp! Dean was a big helper in getting the tent taken down.
We had a blast camping and can't wait to take Dean again. When we got home and gave Dean a bath, this is what we found all over his body.
Poor baby really wasn't feeling well but still was such a good boy while camping. We called this a successful camping trip and our excited to do it again soon.
5 comments:
Those are some of the cutest pictures of your cute little family! I love the action shots...dean and paul are pretty cute together!
I'm glad you guys had fun, and way to go with the 1/2 inch mat...even if I WASN'T pregnant I still would have been miserable. ha!!
What a fun night! Looks like Dean is ready for his Tote-n-Chip Card! I'm sure his favorite book is The Bear Scouts??
Poor little guy! I love camping!
Poor Dean! I'm totally impressed at your positive attitude about everything! I can definitely learn a thing or two from you about patience while camping! Cute pictures though, and it looks like you guys had a great time! We love you all and miss you!
What bad bumps... Poor little guy.
What did it turn out to be.
Post a Comment