Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A First...

This weekend I made my first wedding cake.
I was so happy with the way it turned out and I learned so much.

My mom is the wonderful person who came to help me make it look so professional. She drove down to Mesquite on Thursday. Because I was at work all day, she baked the cakes. Then we filled them together that night. On Friday we spent the day covering the cakes with fondant and then decorating them. We then delivered it to the reception together.

I loved spending this time with my mom. She is the most amazing, talented and selfless woman. She continues to amaze me in all that she does.

The rest of the weekend was spent shopping for baby things. She helped me pick out the colors and fabric for Dean's room. More pictures to come when his room is done.

Mom, thank you again. I love and miss you!

10 comments:

Candise said...

Oh my goodness, I am SO impressed! It is gorgeous. I have always wanted to try fondant, but have never been brave enough! It looks great - well done!

Cindy said...

Beautiful Kaytie! I have always wanted to play with fondant. Maybe you can share your fondant secrets with us at girls weekend?

Jill said...

what the...!?! kaytie that is AMAZING!! what a fun little talent to have up your sleeve!

I think your fondant skills have girls weekend written all over them!

Amber said...

I agree with mom Kaytie, I would love you to share your fondant secrets with us at girls weekend!! That cake looks professional! Way to go!

Candise said...

Ok, I had a brilliant idea...and it looks like I am the slowest one in the family. Cupcakes and fondant at girls weekend! I don't think any of us have ever tried it.

.mel. said...

The cake looks fab! Nice work! And I'm SO excited we are having boys at the same time! How fun will that be?!

The Maughan's said...

Kayt.... AMAZING!!! You did such a fantastic job! I bet the bride was so happy!! You are one talented missy :) HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You are the best sister a girl could ever ask for! Have a great day ! Love YA!!

K S & R said...

Kaytie this turned out so great! That was great of you to do for her! We hope you're having a FANTASTIC BIRTHDAY!! I'm excited for the shower this weekend!

Grandma Scott said...

Wow ! You and Mom created a beautiful cake...

K S & R said...

I want to see more pictures of you! ;)

Blog Archive

About Us

North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States